Thursday 13 October 2016

10/10/2016 - Lesson 3 (Homework)

For homework this week, we had to draw a negative space self portraits with objects that reflects our personality. I chose these items because of the way they represent me:

Batman mug: I love to drink tea.
Maltesers: I enjoy eating sweets.
Juice: I'd rather drink something simple than something extravagant.
DVD's: Watching films are enjoyable and I like to criticize on them a lot about effects and characters.
Laptop: I write various stories on it as well as making videos and digital drawings about my favourite shows.
Paintbrushes: Doing art in general allows me to be creative and to express myself.

This is the most busiest drawing as I put most of the items that reflect me in this one so I could do more focused ones later on. This drawing consists of charcoal and pencil, which aren't my strongest point in my art. Certain elements of the drawing look better than others, like the Maltesers, paintbrushes and books/DVD's stack as the shading makes them stand out from the page. The laptop looks decent but the screen I feel should have been a lot darker and the bottle needed more sharpness. The mug looks a bit rough with the shading and could have been blended in a bit more.




Pokemon Plushies: I love anime and I really enjoy drawing and writing about them. 
Cupcakes: They are really pretty to look at as well as being very tasty.

I used pastels for this as well as pencils and water-colour pencils. I decided to be spontaneous and draw my plushies with only on light focused in a certain area. The pastels did bring out the shadows quite well but I feel that it is a bit too heavy in certain areas. With the colours, I didn't colour all of the areas but rather used continous line work to shade in the areas that stand out the most on the actual plushies. The cupcake was placed at a tricky angle but the colour and dark line work helps bring out the icing and package around it.




McDonalds: It is one of my favourite fast food joints but sadly I can't eat them all the time but I do enjoy them now and again! 

This is my favourite one of the three as I love the pen work I did on this. The continuous line work was very good for bringing out the shadows of the food and packages on the table. Since it was on the table against a wall, I had to be very light with my tonal work but I think the outcome was very good. I especially think that the nuggets and cup stand out from the table quite well.  






I used pencils, pastels, water-colour pencils and pens for these drawings which helped give the items more of a realistic angle to them. The pencil helped me especially to bring out some of the darker areas of the items. This was a nice task to complete since I was drawing what I like the most and I look forward to doing more drawings like this in the future.









No comments:

Post a Comment