Monday 3 October 2016

3/10/16 - Lesson 2

In today's lesson, we were doing nude figure drawings with a woman as our model. I found it difficult at first as some body parts were hard to draw due to the poses and some body parts ended up being bigger than others.When drawing the woman at different angles I tried a variety of techniques, like drawing with my left hand, drawing blindly, drawing semi-blind and drawing within five/ten/twenty/thirty minutes. I feel that some of my drawings were better than others due to the poses the woman was making. Working with charcoal is proving to be difficult for me as I work better with plain pencil and also fine pen. My favourite piece has to be where I drew her lying down and then used a variety of pens on her that were different colours. Although I liked the style, I focused more on the drawing than the model, which I shouldn't do since the model's details are more important. I look forward to doing more nude figure drawing as it proves to be very interesting to me as well as helping me to develop new skills.















No comments:

Post a Comment