Monday 6 March 2017

Lesson 6 - 06/03/17

In this week's lesson, it was all about drawing quick poses and movement. I found this to be very difficult as I do like to take time on a drawing so having to draw it while moving was not an easy task. Although I did my best in the two movement drawings, it was pointed out to me that I didn't capture enough key movements in the model as I only did her standing still and stiff most of the time. After looking at everyone else's work, I saw what areas I had to improve on. For the second half of the lesson, we were able to revisit anything we wanted from the last two semesters. As it said on my results sheet last semester, I need to improve on colour and proportion. Therefore, I started to draw large portions of the body and experiment with colous. Some turned out better than others as I think that the face looks slightly too cartoonish. The breast, hand and foot in paint however, turned out very well as the shadows and light are clearly evident by the colours. The ones I decided to do in felt pens was something new I wanted to try. I think the results were interesting but some did come out a little messy like the legs but again, it was only an experiment. I do like the several pen layers that I gave the body though.













No comments:

Post a Comment